RCC Infocommunication Commission
RCC Telecommunication Commission, created by the Decision of RCC Board of the CAs Heads of 13.01.1993 №7/7. Since April 2002, the Telecommunication Operators Board and the RCC Telecommunication Commission have joined together. Further, by the Decision of the RCC Board of the CAs Heads and the Coordination Council for Informatization of July 15-16, 2014 № 49 / 20-18, the RCC Telecommunications Commission was transformed into the RCC Infocommunication Commission. The powers of the RCC Commission to coordinate the activities of regulatory bodies in the field of communications, created by the Decision of the RCC Board of the CAs Heads of 12.12.2006 №36/6 and the Informatization Commission created by the Decision of the RCC Board of the CAs Heads of 06.06.1998 №19/11, were transferred to the RCC Infocommunication Commission.
The main tasks and functions of the RCC Infocommunication Commission are:
- development of agreed technical proposals and cooperation on the development of information communications in the preparation of documents for the international forums of the ITU, WSIS and others;
- development, on behalf of the RCC Board of the CAs Heads, of proposals for the creation of international infocommunication networks and systems, and coordination of the actions of RCC communications administrations in matters of management, operation, development and interaction of telecommunication networks of mutual interest;
- coordination of interaction between the RCC CAs in resolving issues of operation and development of national and interstate communication networks;
- organization of the development of interstate programs, agreements and recommendations on information communications;
- coordination of interaction between the RCC CAs to ensure the survivability and reliability of the operation of telecommunication networks;
- coordination of the RCC CAs on metrology and standardization in the field of information communications;
- organization of informational support for the RCC CAs on ongoing work in the field of information communications;
- organization of work on the collection and dissemination in the territory of the RCC member-states of information on information and communications;
- assistance in solving the problem of digital inequality in the countries of RCC members;
- exchange of experience on the implementation of new standards and technologies;
- organization of research projects of mutual interest and funded jointly to develop concepts, guidelines and guidelines that ensure mutually beneficial development and use of communication networks and services in the RCC telecommunications space;
- development of coordinated positions of the participants of the RCC Telecommunications and Infocommunication Operators Board on the development of infocommunications considered by international organizations;
- participation in the development of concepts for the development of existing and promising communication networks, the market of information and communication services.
Within the framework of the RCC Infocommunication Commission, a Working Group was established on the management and operation of communication networks.