July 11-21, 2023, Geneva, Switzerland
The sixth and seventh plenary meeting of ITU Council 2023 was held on July 21, 2023.
Cesar Martinez, President of the ITU Council, opened the meeting.
Under the Agenda of the Sixth Plenary Meeting of the Council, the following items were considered:
- Strategy for coordinating the efforts of the three Sectors of the Union;
- Report on ITU's role in the implementation of the WSIS outcomes and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and their follow-up and review processes;
- 25th anniversary of ITU's work program on gender equality;
- ITU Internet activities: Resolutions 101, 102, 133, 180 and 206;
- Obsolete Council Resolutions and Decisions.
The dates and duration of the Council sessions in 2024, 2025 and 2026, as well as the proposed dates of the Council's working groups and expert groups for the same period were further considered.
Contributions from the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Russian Federation and the Republic of Tajikistan were also considered:
- Document C23/87, proposals for defining the Agenda and improving the preparation and decision-making process of ITU Council Sessions;
- Document C23/86, on the arrangements for the organization of the 2023 session of the Council of the International Telecommunication Union.
The agenda of the Seventh Plenary Meeting included the following items:
- Schedule of future conferences, assemblies and meetings of the Union: 2023-2026;
- Report of the Standing Committee on Administration and Management;
- Improvement of the ITU Council.
At the end of the sessions, Cesar Martinez, President of the ITU Council and Doreen-Bogdan Martin, ITU Secretary-General thanked the participants for their work at the ITU Council 2023 session.