On December 2, 2022 the HeadQuarters of the CIS Interparliamentary Assembly hosted an international conference "Legal Aspects of Societal Digital Development".
The conference was organized by the CIS Interparliamentary Assembly, the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, and the Executive Committee of the Regional Communications Commonwealth.
Parliamentarians of the Commonwealth states, scientists and experts discussed legislative regulation of the processes of digital transformation of healthcare, education, economy and public administration, as well as legal provisions of information security.
The plenary session of the conference was chaired by Vladimir Shamakhov, Scientific Director of the North-West Institute of Management of the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
Welcoming the participants of the meeting, the Secretary General of the IPA CIS Council, Dmitry Kobitsky said that, as of today, more than 20 different model legislative acts relating to digitalization are in the development of the Permanent Commissions of the CIS Interparliamentary Assembly.
“But for the most part”, the Secretary General noted, “virtually all model laws and recommendations contain, to one extent or another, norms that regulate legal relations that are changing in connection with digital transformation, the introduction of artificial intelligence and big data.”
Nurudin Mukhitdinov, General-Director of the Executive Committee of the Regional Commonwealth in the Field of Communications, Deputy Chairman of the Expert Council of the IPA CIS-RCC, noted in his speech and underlined the prospects of model legislation in the field of digital transformation.
In his opinion, the main vector for the development of information legislation in the near future is to ensure consistency, harmonization and expansion of the subjects of regulation, as well as the formation of the universal nature of access to information and its use.
During the plenary session, scientists and experts from the countries of the Commonwealth also spoke, and then the discussion of legal aspects of societal digital development continued in the thematic sections.
Nurudin Mukhitdinov, General-Director of the RCC Executive Committee, took part as moderator of the section "Legal Aspects of Digital Transformation of the Economy and Public Administration.
The members of the Expert Council of the IPA CIS-RCC took an active part in the session.
The section "Legal Aspects of the Digital Transformation of the Economy and Public Administration" addressed the following topical issues:
- Gig economy: new or gray?
- The transboundary trust space of electronic signatures.
- Citizens' appeals in electronic form: problems of legal regulation.
- New challenges of digital transformation of trade.
- Legal relations in electronic commerce
- Legal regulation of consumer protection in e-commerce in CIS.
- Electronic commerce through digital platforms: trends and prospects.
- The concept of electronic commerce: a comparative analysis of legislative terms.
- On digital transformation of industries in the CIS Member-States.
- The development of model legislation of the CIS Member-States in the field of digital transformation of the sphere of services: definitions and prerequisites.
- Legal problems of digitalization of cadastral registration of natural objects.
- Digital financial asset as a digital security.
- Development of the legal framework of Islamic finance in the Russian Federation.
- Problems of legal support for the circulation of cryptocurrency.
- Legal support for digital development in the sphere of public administration of the Republic of Tajikistan: the example of e-government.
- The main aspects or peculiarities of the development of the transformation of the economy of South Uzbekistan.
- The use of information technology as a prerequisite for improving the quality of public administration.
- The introduction and implementation of digital forms of interaction between government and citizens.
- New challenges facing judges in the digital development of society.
- Digitalization of the judicial process: protection of rights and access to justice.
- Features of organizing and conducting elections in a digital environment.
- Election observation in a digital environment.
Summing up the work of the section, Nurudin Mukhitdinov thanked all the participants of the meeting for joint work, for interesting reports and active participation in the discussion of issues.
In his speech Nurudin Mukhitdinov, General-Director of the Executive Committee of the Regional Commonwealth in the Field of Communications, and Deputy Chairman of the Expert Council of the IPA CIS-RCC, noted that the main vector of information legislation development for the near future is seen in providing systematization, harmonization and expansion of the subjects of regulation, as well as in forming the universal nature of access to information and its use.
Nurudin Mukhitdinov, Deputy Chairman of the Expert Council of the IPA CIS-RCC, emphasized that the work of the Expert Council of the IPA CIS-RCC in this direction will be continued.
The participants of the session thanked Nurudin Mukhitdinov, General-Director of the Executive Committee of the Regional Commonwealth in the Field of Communications for organization of the effective work of the section and for the conduction of constructive discussions.