November 14-16, 2022, Tehran, VCS
The 23rd meeting of the South Asian Telecommunications Regulators' Council was held in Tehran from 14 to 16 November 2022 via videoconference.
About 100 delegates from the member countries of the South Asian Telecommunication Regulators' Council (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka), as well as representatives from ITU, APT and RCC, participated in the meeting.
Representatives of the Communications Administration of the Republic of Azerbaijan as well as the staff of the RCC Executive Committee participated from the RCC.
The above-mentioned meeting was opened by Mr. Issa Zarepour, Minister of the Ministry of ICT of the Islamic Republic of Iran. The welcoming speeches were also made by Mr. Masanori Kondo, Secretary General of APT and Mr. Saed Mohammad, President of the ICT Research Center.
The agenda included the following items:
1. Outcomes of the 45th Session of the Management Committee relevant to SATRC;
2. General Statements from the Heads of Regulators on Sub-Regional Cooperation through SATRC;
3. Sharing Best Practices and Regulatory Experiences;
4. SATRC Activities in 2023;
5. Date and Venue of SATRC-24.
At the end of the meeting, Issa Zarepour, Minister of the Ministry of ICT of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the participants thanked each other for their participation and fruitful work.