October 24-28, 2022, UPU headquarters in Berne.
The UPU Council of Administration (CA) met from October 24-28, 2022, using the International Bureau's virtual teleconference system.
The meeting was attended by delegates from UPU Member-States, observers from international and regional organizations, as well as staff from the RCC Executive Committee.
Mr. Masahiko Metoki, Director General of the UPU International Bureau, welcomed the participants. The Chairman, Mr. Isaac Gnamba-Yao, presided over the meeting.
At the meeting the participants heard:
- Report of the Coordination Committee of the Work of the Permanent Bodies of the Union;
- Report of the CA Steering Committee;
- Report of the Postal Operations Council;
- Report of the Advisory Committee;
- Commission 1 Report (Direction and Management of the Union);
- Commission 2 Report (Postal Policy and Regulation);
- Commission 3 Report (Strategy, Postal Economy and Markets);
- Commission 4 Report (Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance);
- Report of the CA Task Force on Opening the UPU to the Broader Postal Sector.
A presentation was made by the host country on the 2023 Extraordinary Congress. A secret ballot decided to hold the Extraordinary Congress from October 2 to 6, 2023, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The UPU International Bureau presented the CA Work Programme for 2022-2025.
The next meeting of the UPU Administrative Council is scheduled from May 8-12, 2023 and from November 6-10, 2023.
Mr. Masahiko Metoki, Director General of the UPU International Bureau, and Mr. Marjan Osvald, his deputy, addressed the closing session.
Mr. Isaac Gnamba-Yao, Chair, concluded the meeting.