A joint 43/37th meeting of the RCC Commission for the Coordination of the International Cooperation and the Working Group on International Telecommunication Union at the CIC was held on 29 April 2022 via videoconference.
The meeting was opened by Mukharbievna Bella Cherkesova, Chair of the RCC Commission for the Coordination of the International Cooperation.
Mukhitdinov Nurudin Nasretdinovich, the General-Director of the RCC Executive Committee made a welcoming speech to the participants of the meeting.
The meeting was chaired by Borodin Alexey Sergeevich, Chairman of the ITU Working Group at the CIC.
The joint 43/37th meeting of the RCC Commission on the Coordination of International Cooperation and the Working Group on the International Telecommunication Union at the CIC was attended by representatives of the RCC Communications Administrations: Republic of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Russian Federation, Republic of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Republic of Uzbekistan, the ITU Regional Office for the CIS region and the RCC Executive Committee.
Representatives of the Secretariat of the International Telecommunication Union's Telecommunication Development Bureau, the Asia-Pacific Telecommunity and the European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations also took part in the above-mentioned meeting.
The agenda included the following questions:
1. On the outcome of the work of the RCC delegation to the ITU World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly 2022 (WTSA-20);
2. On the results of the spring session of the ITU Council 2022;
3. On the preparation of the RCC CAs for the ITU World Telecommunication Development Conference 2022 (WTDC-21);
4. On the preparation of the RCC CAs for the ITU Plenipotentiary Conference 2022 (PP-22);
5. On the cooperation of the Regional Commonwealth in the Field of Communications with international and regional organisations in order to prepare for the ITU and UPU forums;
6. Presentation of the results of the work of the Editorial Group;
7. Presentation by the Secretariat of the ITU Telecommunication Development Bureau on the preparations for WTDC and in particular
on the work on the WTDC Action Plan;
8. On the place, time and agenda of the next 44/38th joint meeting of the RCC Commission on Coordination of International Cooperation and the ITU Working Group on the work with ITU at the CIC.
As a result of the discussion, several constructive decisions were taken.
Rwanda's Minister of Information and Communication Technology and Innovation, Ms Paula Ingabire, Chair-designate of the WTDC, made a speech at this meeting
The participants then turned to a discussion on the preparations for WTDC-21 within the ITU and the regional organizations. Reports on the preparations for the conference from the International Telecommunication Union and from the APT and CEPT Regional Organizations were presented.
At the end of the above-mentioned meeting, the General-Director of the RCC Executive Committee, Mukhitdinov Nurudin Nasretdinovich, the Chairman of the RCC Commission for International Cooperation Coordination, Cherkesova Bella Mukhkharbievna and the Chairman of the ITU Working Group at the CIC, Borodin Alexei Sergeevich, thanked all participants for their intensive work.