The 32nd meeting of the Working Group on work with ITU under the RCC Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation was held from October 19 to October 22, 2021 via video conferencing.
The meeting was opened by Aleksey Sergeevich Borodin, Chairman of the Working Group on work with ITU under the Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation.
General-Director of the RCC Executive Committee Mukhitdinov Nurudin Nasretdinovich addressed the meeting participants with a welcoming speech.
Representatives of the RCC Communications Administrations of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, the Republic of Uzbekistan and the RCC Executive Committee took part in the work of the 32nd meeting of the Working Group on work with ITU under the Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation.
Taking into account the importance and relevance of the issues under consideration, the following were invited to the meeting: Director of the ITU Regional Office for the CIS region Natalia Vyacheslavovna Mochu, Chairman of the TDAG Working Group on Strategic and Operational Plans Gonzalez Blanca and Head of the Study Groups Division of the ITU Telecommunication Standardization Bureau Dr. Bilel Jamoussi.
The following issues were included in the Agenda of the 32nd meeting of the WG on work with ITU:
- On preparations for the ITU World Telecommunication Policy Forum
(December 16-18, 2021, Geneva),
- On the preparation of the RCC CAs for the ITU Plenipotentiary Conference 2022 (September 26 - October 14, 2022, Bucharest, Romania),
- On the results of the meetings of the Working Groups and Expert Groups of the Council (CWG / EG) of ITU
(September 20 - October 1, 2021),
- On the preparation of the RCC CAs for the ITU World Telecommunication Development Conference (WTDC) 2021 (June 6-15, 2022, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia),
- On the preparation of the RCC CAs for the ITU World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly (WTSA) in 2022 (March 1-9, 2022, Geneva, Switzerland),
- On the key upcoming ITU-T group meetings: ITU-T Study Group 11 “Protocols, signalling requirements, test specifications, anti-counterfeiting ICT” (01-10 December 2021) and Study Group 13 “Future networks with a focus on 5G / IMT-2020, Cloud Computing and Trusted Network Infrastructure ”of the ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector (29 October - 10 November 2021),
- Participation of the RCC CAs in the work of the Interregional Meeting on preparation for WTSA-20 ITU (October 21, 2021) and other topical issues.
Relevant constructive decisions were made on the agenda items.
The next meeting of the WG on work with ITU is planned together with the RCC Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation at the end of November - at the beginning of December 2021.