The 2nd meeting of the Asia-Pacific Telecommunication Community (APT) Preparatory Group for the ITU World Telecommunication Development Conference 2021 (WTDC-21) was held on 24-26 February 2021 via videoconference. The event was attended by over 120 representatives of APT members, regional and international telecommunication organizations.
The meeting opened with welcoming speeches from APT Secretary General Masanori Kondo and ITU Deputy Director of the ITU Telecommunication Development Bureau Stephen Bereaux, as well as APT Chairman WTDC-21 Ahmad Reza Sharafat.
Representatives of the Communications Administrations of the Regional Commonwealth in the field of communications: the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Russian Federation, as well as the leadership of the RCC Executive Committee took part in the 2nd APT meeting for WTDC-21.
The agenda of the above meeting included the following issues:
- A Brief Report of the Extraordinary Meeting of the APT Preparatory Group for WTDC-21;
- Outcomes of the 15th session of the General Assembly and the 44th session of the APT Management Committee related to APT WTDC-21;
- Preparation for WTDC-21 by ITU and other international and regional organizations;
- Status of implementation of the Buenos Aires Action Plan;
- Preparation for WTDC-21 with the help of ATC (doc. APT WTDC21-2 / INP-19);
- Consideration of thematic documents of the working groups;
- Consideration of documents submitted to the plenary meeting.
The Chairman of the Working Group on work with ITU under the RCC Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation Minkin Vladimir Markovich made a report on the draft RCC General Proposals to WTDC-21.
At the end of the meeting of the Asia-Pacific Telecommunication Community for WTDC-21, APT Secretary General Masanori Kondo and APT Chairman WTDC-21 Ahmad Reza Sharafat summed up the event and thanked all participants for their constructive and fruitful work.
At the same time, the work in the ITU Regional Organizations on the preparation and holding of the Regional Preparatory Meetings for the ITU World Telecommunication Development Conference 2021 will continue.