On February 5 in Almaty, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the International Forum "Digital Almaty 2021 - Digital Reboot: A Leap into a New Reality" was held.
The Forum is a dialogue platform at the regional and global level for discussing the digital agenda in the context of COVID-19, new strategies for digital transformation and trends in the field of new technologies during a pandemic, as well as an opportunity to assess the progress achieved in digitalization of the region and individual countries, exchange experiences and the best practitioners, as well as outline further steps and prospects for regional cooperation.
The above event was opened and the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Tokayev Kassym-Zhomart Kemelevich made a welcoming speech to the participants.
Also, President of the World Economic Forum Berge Brende and Vice President of Google Vinton Gray Cerf also addressed the participants with a welcoming speech.
The agenda of the Forum included the holding of the Plenary and Panel sessions, where not only political leaders, CEOs of large IT companies, but also international experts in the field of digital technologies, as well as representatives of the Kazakhstani IT community, spoke.
Within the framework of the Plenary Session, a discussion took place on the following topics:
- "Global Trends in the Digitalization of Education";
- "Venture Capital";
- "Challenges to information security during a pandemic";
- "Transformation of healthcare";
- "Ways to develop the IT ecosystem";
- "The future of e-commerce".
The above Session was moderated by the Vice President of IDC. The following political leaders took part in the Plenary Session of the Digital Almaty Forum:
- Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan Mamin Askar Uzakpaevich;
- Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia Nikol Vovaevich Pashinyan;
- Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus Golovchenko Roman Alexandrovich;
- Prime Minister of the Kyrgyz Republic Maripov Ulukbek Asamidinovich;
- Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation Mikhail Vladimirovich Mishustin;
- Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan Aripov Abdulla Nigmatovich.
They also joined the conversation and expressed their opinion on the importance of the development of digital technologies:
- Chairman of the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission Myasnikovich Mikhail Vladimirovich;
- Co-founder and head of Kaspi.kz Lomtadze Mikhail Nugzarovich;
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of ERG S.a.r.l. Mashkevich Alexander Antonovich.
Digital Almaty has been held for the fourth year in a row and is one of the key platforms for the formation and discussion of the global and regional digital agenda, challenges, decisions and policies in the field of digitalization around the world.
In a short time, the digital forum “Digital Almaty” has become an active platform for discussing the prospects for digital transformation and the global economy. The Forum makes it possible to better understand the importance of the influence of these issues on the sustainable socio-economic development of countries and contributes to the development of common answers to very serious modern challenges.
The continuation of the Plenary Session was the holding of Panel Sessions on the following topics:
- Implementation of projects and initiatives within the EAEU digital agenda;
- The future of e-commerce;
- Venture Capital. Tools and mechanisms;
- Construction tech: Trends and opportunities;
- Digital agenda in the EAEU Strategy until 2025;
- GovTech and super services;
- IT ecosystem: ways of development;
- Global trends in the digitalization of education;
- Digital transformation of healthcare: new challenges;
- New Infrastructure-Enabler of the Digital Economy;
- Challenges to information security during a pandemic;
- Industry 4.0.
The forum was held live in Almaty, thanks to the hybrid format, a large number of international speakers and delegates were able to join.
Among the participants of the Digital Almaty digital Forum were representatives of the Regional Commonwealth in the field of communications, the Management and employees of the RCC Executive Committee also took part in the online format.