The first Com-ITU meeting in the preparation for the ITU World Telecommunication Development Conference 2021 (WTDC-21) was held on September 8, 2020 via videoconferene. More than 70 representatives of regional and international telecommunication organizations took part in the event.
The meeting was opened and the representative of the National Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications of Romania, Cristina Flutur made a welcoming speech.
Representatives of the following regional organizations spoke at the Com-ITU meeting:
- African Telecommunication Union (ATU);
- Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT);
- Arab Group(Arab Region);
- Regional Commonwealth in the field of Communications (RCC);
- Inter-American Telecommunication Commission (CITEL).
The RCC position on the preparation for the WTDC-21 was presented by the Chairman of the Working Group on the work with the ITU at the RCC Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation, Minkin Vladimir Markovich.
The agenda of the above meeting included the following issues:
- BDT presentation on preparations for the WTDC-21;
- Preparing the regional organizations for the WTDC 2021;
- Appointing the coordinators to the TDAG working groups;
- Plans for the further preparations for the WTDC-21.
Work in the ITU Regional Organizations on the preparation and conduction of RPMs for the WTDC-21 will continue.