Borodin Alexey Sergeevich. Born on April 15, 1980 in Potsdam, Germany (GDR). A citizen of Russian Federation.
Borodin A.S. has higher education, academic degrees of Candidate of Technical Sciences and Candidate of Political Sciences. In 2003, he received higher professional education at the Academy of the Federal Agency for Government Communications and Information under the President of the Russian Federation (FAPSI), majoring in Radiocommunications, Radio Broadcasting and Television.
In 2005, he completed training under the professional retraining program at the Moscow Institute of New Information Technologies of the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB of Russia) in the specialty “Comprehensive information security support.”
In 2008, he completed a professional retraining program at the Russian State University of Peoples' Friendship (RUDN) with a degree in External Communications.
In 2009, he defended his dissertation on the topic “Information security in modern Russia: political science analysis” at St. Petersburg State University. A.I. Herzen, receiving a diploma of candidate of political sciences.
In 2019, he received a Candidate of Technical Sciences diploma, having defended his dissertation on the topic: “Development and research of methods for constructing fifth generation communication networks (5G/IMT-2020)” at the St. Petersburg State University of Telecommunications. prof. M.A. Bonch-Bruevich.
In 2021, he graduated from graduate school at the St. Petersburg State University of Telecommunications. prof. M.A. Bonch-Bruevich in the field of “Electronics, radio engineering and communication systems” with the qualification “Researcher. Teacher-researcher."
Borodin A.S. started in 2003 as an engineer in the Federal Government Communications and Information Bodies under the President of the Russian Federation.
In 2008, A.S. Borodin was hired by PJSC Rostelecom, which is the largest Russian telecommunications operator with state participation, a full member of the Council of Telecommunications and Infocommunications Operators of the Regional Commonwealth in the Field of Communications (RCC) and a Member of the Telecommunication Standardization Sector of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
He held various positions at PJSC Rostelecom: chief specialist, head of the international communications department, head of the Representative Office of PJSC Rostelecom in ITU.
In 2022 Borodin A.S. went to work at the Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Space Communications" to the position of Advisor to the General Director, then becoming Director of the Center for Supporting Scientific and Technical Activities and International Cooperation of the Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Space Communications", which is a member of the Council of Telecommunications and Infocommunications Operators of the RCC and a member of the ITU.
Borodin A.S., holding senior positions in PJSC Rostelecom and FSUE Space Communications, was responsible for conducting research in the field of new information and communication technologies, carrying out national and international standardization and developing new regulatory standards, and also took an active part in international legal protection of the interests of the Communications Administration of the Russian Federation (AU of Russia) in the field of electrical and radio communications.
Over the years, he was a member of the delegations of the Russian Federation and the RCC to high-level ITU international events, in particular, the World Conference on International Telecommunications (2012), Plenipotentiary Conferences (2010, 2014, 2018 and 2022), the World Radiocommunication Conference ( 2019), World Telecommunication Standardization Assemblies (2012, 2016 and 2022) and World Telecommunication Development Conferences (2014, 2017 and 2022).
Borodin A.S. was a member and head of a number of working bodies of ITU and the RCC as a representative and coordinator from the RCC:
- Chairman of the RCC Working Group on work with ITU under the RCC Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation;
- Deputy Chairman of the ITU Expert Group on International Telecommunication Regulations;
- Deputy Chairman of the ITU-T Focus Group “Communication Network Technologies 2030”;
- Co-Chair of the ITU-T Focus Group “Quantum Information Technologies for Networks”;
- Deputy Chairman of ITU-T Study Group 3 “Regulatory and economic issues of international telecommunication services, principles of tariffing and mutual settlements”;
- Chairman of the ITU-T IKZ Regional Group “Regulation and Economic Issues” for Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the Caucasus;
- Chairman of the ITU-T Regional Group SG11 “Signaling requirements, protocols, test specifications and anti-counterfeiting” for countries of Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the Caucasus;
- Chairman of the ITU-T Regional Group SG13 “Future networks with a focus on 5G/IMT-2020 networks, cloud computing and trusted network infrastructure” for countries of Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the Caucasus;
- Chairman of the ITU-T SG20 Regional Group “Internet of Things, Smart Cities and Settlements” for Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the Caucasus.
Borodin A.S. is a co-author of many international standards in the field of communication protocols, identification, Internet of things and next-generation communication networks.
Since 2013, he has been the RCC coordinator for preparations for Plenipotentiary Conferences and sessions of the ITU Council.
He has about 60 scientific articles and publications in the field of communication technologies in Russian, English and Arabic.
Received letters of commendation from the Minister of Communications and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation. Awarded a medal and order for his contribution to the development of the Regional Commonwealth in the field of communications.
By decision of the Council of Heads of the RCC AS No. 59/29 of November 20, 2023, Borodin A.S. elected to the post of General Director of the RCC Executive Committee.