Regional Commonwealth in the Field of Communications
The permanent executive body of the RCC is the Executive Committee, which carries out its activities in accordance with the Regulation on the Executive Committee of the Regional Commonwealth in the field of Communications, approved by Decision of the Board of the RCC CAs Heads dated 10.10.2003 No. 30/9, which is in Moscow.
The working bodies of the RCC are the Commissions, the Boards of telecommunication and mail operators, working groups, formed by the decision of the Board of the RCC Communications Administrations Heads, created to study and consider issues in the field of information and communication technologies (ICT), as well as prepare decisions for consideration at meetings of the RCC Council and Coordination Council. Their activities are regulated by the relevant provisions, which are approved by the Board of the RCC Communications Administrations Heads.
Today, the RCC is an international organization with the functions of the CIS interstate coordinating body in the field of electric and postal communications, and also has observer status in the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the Universal Postal Union (UPU), and also interacts with international and regional organizations, actively participates in conferences, forums.
The RCC consists of 20 participants - 12 full members and 8 observers.
Structure and Composition of the RCC:
RCC Board - 20 participants: RCC Communications Administrations: the Azerbaijan Republic, Republic of Armenia, Republic of Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Republic of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Republic of Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Republic of Bulgaria, Republic of Latvia, Republic of Lithuania, Republic of Slovenia, as well as the Intergovernmental Organization EUTELSAT, the “Intersputnik” International Space Communications Organization and the International Operator of Satellite Communications "INMARSAT".
Coordinating Council - 8 participants: Communications Administration of the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Moldova, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, and the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The RCC Telecommunications and Infocommunication Operators Council - 12 full members, 16 observers and 2 associate members.
RCC Postal Operators Council - 10 full members of postal operators.
RCC Working Bodies:
- RCC Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation (CCI);
- RCC Commission for the Regulation of the Use of the Radio Frequency Spectrum and Satellite Orbits (RFS and SO);
- RCC Postal Commission;
- RCC Infocommunication Commission;
- RCC Commission on the Economics of Infocommunications;
- RCC Postal Operators Board (RCC POB);
- RCC Telecommunications and Infocommunication Operators Board (RCC TIOB);
- RCC Human Resources Development Council;
- High-Level Working Group on the development of the information society (HLWG);
- Working Group on the revision of regulatory documents of the RCC;
- Expert Board of the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly of the CIS-RCC;
- A Working Group on the development of an interstate network of information and marketing centers for the promotion of goods and services of CIS countries to national markets.
More than 1000 highly professional specialists in the communications and ICT industry work in all RCC working bodies.